- Performance – We have a strong track record in investment performance and our team of investment experts search the globe to find some of the best investments to help maximise KiwiSaver returns. Our performance details can be found here.
- Sustainable Investment - We are proud that some of our KiwiSaver investment options invest in companies involved in creating a positive environmental impact including renewable energy, pollution control solutions, energy efficiency, water infrastructure and sustainable consumer goods. We believe a sustainable investment approach is material to long-term returns. Read more about our Sustainable Investment Policy here.
- Choice of investment options - Mercer offers you the choice of seven investment options .The right option will need to match your life stage, financial goals and attitude to risk and you can invest your KiwiSaver money in more than one investment option. If you’re unsure, seek financial advice (it's free!) by requesting a call back online from our advice team and/or try our Fund Selector.
- Access to your KiwiSaver account 24/7 - It’s easy to manage your KiwiSaver account by signing into your online account and/or downloading Mercer’s mobile app (available on both Apple and Google Play store). You can check your account balance, update your details and review your investment options anytime.
- Experience – with more than 200 employees involved in manager research we track over 6,700 managers and more than 35,000 investment strategies across the globe. Each investment option is carefully constructed and we monitor every manager on behalf of our investors.
KEY KIWISAVER FACTS
Knowing the facts may save you time and money
- You can access your KiwiSaver money once you reach the qualifying age for New Zealand Superannuation, currently age 65. You may also be eligible to withdraw part or all of your savings towards your first home (refer to our guide) or if you’re experiencing significant financial hardship (refer to our guide).
- KiwiSaver is a long-term investment. If you’re new to KiwiSaver or not sure about your investment strategy, speak to one of our financial advice team by calling 0508 637237 or requesting a call back online.
- You can choose to contribute 3%, 4%, 6%, 8% or 10% of your before-tax salary or wages into your KiwiSaver account and your employer has to match your contributions by at least 3% (providing you are contributing at least 3% from your pay).
- The Government will also contribute 50 cents for every dollar you contribute to your KiwiSaver account, up to $521.43 each year (criteria apply).
- The tax rate applied to your KiwiSaver investment earnings, known as your Prescribed Investor Rate (PIR), could be 10.5%, 17.5% or 28%, depending on your income from the past two years. This tax is paid to Inland Revenue on your behalf. Use our online calculator to work out your correct PIR.
This product and information is issued by Mercer (N.Z.) Limited. For information about this product, please refer to the Product Disclosure Statement.
The information contained on this page is intended for general guidance only and is not personalised to you. It does not take into account your particular financial situation or goals. Before making any investment decision, you should refer to the Product Disclosure Statement or consult an authorised financial adviser.